I think a universal fact about book junkies is this: We connect to characters. We dive head first into their (most of the time) screwed up world, read their thoughts, hang on to their feelings. Sometimes we laugh with them, sometimes we cry for them. There are some characters we can't wait to see again, others we hope get their head crushed by a pirate riding a unicorn (which are totally okay thoughts to have about fictional characters). Most importantly, those characters steal a little piece of our souls whether we say it's okay or not.
I could prattle on about fictional characters for
the rest of my lifehours. Especially fictional characters of the male variety. So this was a deliciously tortuous topic for me. Picking between my fave YA hotties is like trying to pick a favorite song or food and I'm like "OMG THERE ARE SO MANY I LOVE." I did my best, guys. I swear. ~Gabbi
1) Link from the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl - Link is the kind of guy, that if he went to my high school, I would become his best friend and secretly pine for him, maybe without even realizing it. He has such a laid back, go-with-the-flow personality. He is a great friend and has a huge heart. Not to mention the goofiest sense of humor.
2) Alex Sheathes from the Delirium series by Lauren Oliver - Alex will literally do anything for love. He's just so...beautiful. A lot of guys are sexy and funny and awesome, but Alex is just beautiful.
3) Noah Hutchins from Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry - OMG OMG OMG Noah. I don't even know what to say. He both fits the stereotypical badboy and yet completely obliteratres it. He's got so many issues and he just needs a hug. Maybe some kisses. I could give him some kisses...ya know, if that's what he needs....
4) Dexter Jones from This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen - Dex is just the sweetest and the goofiest and one persistent little turdnugget. Not to mention he is in a band that writes song about potatoes!
5) Dimitri Belikov from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead - Dimitri is the kind of guy that I would probably literally swoon over. He's a badass in a fight, and yet he has the gentlest touch. He can sweep you off your feet with a gaze and deliver a harsh truth in a beautiful and wise way. He is a model citizen for upstanding morals, but sometimes he has to make decisions that seemingly fight those morals. I just love him, okay. I'm sighing just thinking about him.
6) William Herondale from The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - I honestly don't think I have words for William Herondale. My heart clenches when I think about him. He's just so perfectly imperfect.
7) Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green - Augustus is another one of those guys I can just see going to my high school and me developing a ginormicus crush on. He is smart and funny and the weirdest sort of wonderful. So full of life and passion.
8) Magnus Bane from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare - Glitter. Rainbow leather pants. Cat eyes. Bisexual. Immortal warlock. Come on now.
9) Adrian Ivashkov from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead - He doesn't need an explanation. He just doesn't. But I'll give you this because I am in a generous mood:
“Yeah? Can you draw a skeleton riding a motorcycle with flames coming out of it? And I want a pirate hat on the skeleton. And a parrot on his shoulder. A skeleton parrot. Or maybe a ninja skeleton parrot? No, that would be overkill. But it'd be cool if the biker skeleton could be shooting some ninja throwing stars. That are on fire.”
10) Adam Wilde from If I Stay and its companion Where She Went by Gayle Forman - Nomalicious musician. Need I say more?
Because I am an awful person and could not stop at ten.
~ Jace Herondale from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instrument series
~ Simon Lewis from Cassandra Clare's The Mortal Instrument series
~ Jase from Huntley Fitzpatrick's My Life Next Door
~ Archer Cross from Rachel Hawkin's Hex Hall series
1) Finnick Odair (The Hunger Games) - I'm slightly obsessed... I even have a Finnick necklace!!
2) Joshua (The Other Life) - He's perfect. He's brave, he's warm, caring, he's flawed. (My boyfriend, I called dibbs.)
3) Denver Beck (The Demon Trappers) - Ooffft. He's so damaged but yet still so gawjjjjj! <3
4) Cole (The Wolves Of Mercy Falls) - He's a rogue. Hot, funny, kind, a typical lad but also part wolf, could you ask for more?
5) Liam (The Forsaken) - Gahhhhh, he's so beautiful :') *mouth waters*
6) Four (Divergent) - He's Four, I don't need to explain.
7) Alex (Hunting Lila) - He's just hot... Sexy, protective and again hot... The perfect 'You're my brother's best friend and I really shouldn't kiss you but I juuuuust might have to.'
8) Chris (Star-crossed) - He's your worst enemy but still your Romeo. <3
9) Jack (Blood Red Road) - He's just... Jack. He carries the weight of the world on his shoulders but still manages that damn sexy attitude.
10) Rafa (Shadows) - He just has that... way about him that lures you in!
Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
Kay people, not gonna lie, I have a thing for Bad Boys. I don't know, it's just me. I find scars, tattoos and an arrogant personality kind of hot, and it gives me a reason to hit the guy. :P If you haven't noticed, almost all guys are bad boys. It's just kind of how I roll. They're all really dark, mysterious and have a reason to pull you in. They've also got amazing stories in their past that sometimes, you just can't expect. I can't give you an individual explanation because they're all so close together, even though some of their true personalities are miles apart.
1) Wolf - Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
2) Daniel - Dark Inside by Jeyn Roberts
3) Daemon - Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout
4) Warner - Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
5) Damen - Evermore by Alyson Noel
6) Travis - Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
7) Noah - Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
8) Four - Divergent by Veronica Roth
9) Jace - The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
10) Ryan - Dare You To by Katie McGarry